Please provide your input for these projects or plans.
- Mar 2 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- Mar 8 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- Mar 9 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Mar 10 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Each major planning project that the Capitol Region Council of Governments (CRCOG) undertakes includes a public involvement component, tailored to the specific project. In addition to public meetings, CRCOG’s public involvement work often includes additional outreach and engagement efforts such as focus groups, separate meetings with individuals and interested groups, and newsletter updates.
It is the policy of CRCOG to have a proactive public involvement process that:
- Develops transportation plans and programs in a manner that assures that the public, and affected communities in particular, are provided ample opportunity to participate in the development of such plans;
- Actively seeks out the involvement of the communities most affected by particular plans or projects;
- Involves the public early in the planning process;
- Provides timely public notice of projects, meetings and opportunities to provide input; and
- Provides complete public information and access to CRCOG activities at all key stages in the decision-making process.
Public Participation Plan Update
CRCOG’s Public Participation Plan describes CRCOG’s goals, policies, and procedures to ensure that all members of the public have access to information and opportunities to participate in the transportation planning process for the Hartford metropolitan area. CRCOG is in the process of updating its Public Participation Plan. The existing Public Participation Plan was last updated in 2007, and this new plan will incorporate current practices and federal requirements. A draft of the new Public Participation Plan is now available for review.
You can download the Draft Public Participation Plan HERE. Hardcopies are also available at the New Britain Public Library, Hartford Public Library (downtown), or by request.
In order to receive full consideration, comments on this Plan should be submitted by April 10, 2017, but comments can be submitted as late as noon on April 26, 2017.You can submit your comments in the following ways:
Mail: Cara Radzins c/o CRCOG, 241 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06106
Fax: (860) 724-1274
* The Transportation Committee meeting on March 20 will include a presentation about the Public Participation Plan
Public Meetings were held on January 24 in New Britain and January 26 in Hartford. The presentation from these meetings is available HERE.
If you are interested in having a CRCOG representative attend a neighborhood or community group meeting to discuss the Public Participation Plan during the comment period, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The draft Public Participation Plan will be reviewed by CRCOG’s Transportation Committee for endorsement on April 24, 2017. A final decision on adoption of the plan will be made by CRCOG’s Policy Board on April 26, 2017.