The Capitol Region Council of Governments (CRCOG) is looking for candidates for the following position:
Part-time Executive Assistant (A4)
$30.81 / hour – $34.59 / hour
Summary of Position
Under general direction, performs complex administrative and secretarial duties for the Executive Director as well as providing administrative support for department directors as needed and administrative support for meetings. This is a part time position (up to 24 hours per week). Depending on hours work, health benefits could be included.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the Policy Board and Executive Committee; prepares agendas, packets, and related materials; prepares and coordinates publications, postings, and distribution of legal notices.
- Provides confidential secretarial and administrative support to the Executive Director.
- Maintains calendars; coordinates, arranges, and confirms meetings; arranges for meeting setup and refreshments, attends meetings, types up minutes and posts them to CRCOG website.
- Prepares and coordinates travel arrangements and expense reimbursements.
- Reviews, proofreads, and edits a variety of reports, notices, memoranda, correspondence and other documents and attends to a variety of office administrative duties as required.
- Provide administrative support to other CRCOG departments, including support of the Regional Planning Commission.
- Independently composes letters and reports; types and transcribes confidential letters, reports, and records; performs special assignments, studies and routine administrative functions as direction.
- Screens incoming correspondence and calls, and follows up to ensure timely response; responds to inquiries and requests from the public.
- Other related work as required.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: the principles and practices of office administrative practices and procedures; strong verbal and written communication skills including spelling, grammar, and punctuation; good customer service. Ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects. Ability to be flexible and adaptable. Ability to use a personal computer in and advanced uses of word processing, spreadsheet, and other standard office equipment. Website or social media experience a plus.
Minimum Training and Experience
An Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university (bachelor’s preferred) and five years of increasingly responsible experience in administrative support and office management or a combination of training and work experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the duties.
Licenses and Certifications
May need a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain. May need a Connecticut commission as a Notary Public or the ability to obtain.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
Work is performed in a standard office environment with public contact and many interruptions. Work requires physical ability and mobility to set up for meetings and lift and carry supplies. Work may require some evening and weekend meetings.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to Pauline Yoder, Municipal Services Director. Electronic submissions are preferred and should be sent to Ms. Pauline Yoder at firstname.lastname@example.org If submitting via regular mail, they should be sent to CRCOG, 241 Main Street, Hartford, Connecticut 06106. Resumes should be submitted by August 15, 2017, but the positions will remained open until filled. CRCOG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/H/F