A Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) is a plan that sets forth a strategy for improving the region’s economy. CRCOG, in partnership with the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving and the MetroHartford Alliance have initiated a project to develop a new CEDS for the region. The CEDS process will involve four primary tasks:
- Goal-Setting: Build consensus around the need for accelerating inclusive/equitable economic growth; that is raising incomes across the income distribution with particular attention to opportunities for engaging those who have often been left behind.
- Situational Analysis: Do a clear-eyed assessment of our situation: who, what, where to identify opportunities that we should be pursuing as a metropolitan region (i.e., SWOT with an emphasis on context and opportunities).
- Strategic Planning: Formulate a limited number of “game changer” strategies that will move the trajectory of inclusive economic growth in the right direction.
- Capacity-Building: Identify organizational forms and collaborations that we will need to implement and sustain the strategies over time.
2012 MetroHartford CEDS
- MetroHartford CEDS Initiatives and Action Steps
- MetroHartford CEDS Trend Analyses
- MetroHartford CEDS Industry Analysis
2006 MetroHartford CEDS
The CEDS process is overseen by two committees. We have an advisory committee that is made up of regional leaders in government, non-profits, and businesses. Materials from the meetings are available below.
Once we have some products from the study, they will be posted here.