The Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act (FAST Act) will expire in 2020. To be prepared for subsequent legislation, the Capitol Region Council of Governments (CRCOG) invites municipalities to submit proposals for projects to be funded under the Transportation Alternatives (TA) Set-Aside Program for federal fiscal years 2021 through 2025. Per guidance from the Connecticut Department of Transportation (CTDOT), applications may be submitted for the following types of projects: on-and off-road pedestrian and bicycle facilities, infrastructure projects for improving non-driver access to public transportation and enhanced mobility, community improvement activities, multi-use trail projects, and safe routes to school projects. The minimum allowable project cost is $500,000, and projects cannot be combined to meet this minimum. Per the request for proposals and related documents linked below, CRCOG is soliciting applications for new projects to be funded utilizing the TA Set-Aside funding. Please note that while this solicitation assumes the continuation of current funding levels and project eligibility, future legislation will dictate the number and type of projects that will be initiated under this program. Therefore, selection under this solicitation does not guarantee project eligibility or funding.
- CRCOG TA Set-Aside Program Request for Proposals
- CTDOT TA Set-Aside Program Application
- CRCOG Solicitation Guidance
- CTDOT Cost Estimating Template
- CTDOT Cost Estimating Guidelines
To apply for funding under the TA Set-Aside program, please send the following materials to Ms. Cara Radzins, CRCOG Principal Transit Planner, by 3:00pm on Monday, May 6, 2019:
- Three (3) completed and signed hardcopies of the TA Set-Aside Program Application
- Three (3) completed hardcopies of any additional supplemental materials required for the application (cost estimate, location map, concept plan, etc.).
- Digital files of the completed TA Set-Aside Program Application and Cost Estimate (in original file formats with functioning fields/cells) and PDFs of other provided supplemental documents. Please submit the digital files on a flash drive or, if size allows, via email to Cara Radzins.