Capitol Region municipal officials develop policy and set the CRCOG agenda through their participation on the following working committees, which provide guidance to the CRCOG Policy Board:
- Transportation Committee—reviews and makes recommendations for millions of dollars of funding each year for regional transportation and transit projects.
- Regional Planning Commission—prepares and updates the Regional Plan of Development. Based on the Regional Plan, the Commission reviews and comments upon municipal projects that affect regional land use.
- Municipal Services Committee—carries out projects and programs to improve governmental efficiency and save tax dollars through cooperative projects, shared services and other direct service initiatives for member towns.
- Public Safety Committee—develops and implements practical regional projects to promote regional public safety and inter-agency strategies for public safety service delivery, managerial cooperation and use of advanced technologies.
- Meeting notice/agendas and minutes for the Policy Board and these standing commitees are available on the Meetings page.