EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
Spring Open Planning Studio Documents
- Complete Streets Overview Presentation from May 17
- Alison Dewey Presentation from May 17
- Ian Lockwood Presentation Video (warning, large file: 300 MB)
- Mike Lydon Presentation from May 17 (warning, large file: 56 MB)
Fall Open Planning Studio Materials
- Complete Streets Approach Presentation – Ian Lockwood
- Open Planning Studio Policy Workshop Slides
- Regional Complete Streets Advisory Committee Meeting Presentation (10/10/2018)
- Presentation on Corbins Corner Reimagining – Ian Lockwood (this process was a conceptual redesign and does not represent the final product of a study or design process)
Photos from our events
The Capitol Region Council of Governments is launching a project to develop a plan and policy for a complete streets network in the Greater Hartford region. This plan will inventory currently available infrastructure, develop a map of desired regional complete streets linkages, create an action plan for developing the network, and create a policy for implementation. Municipalities in the region will also receive advice on best practices related to implementation and policy in a variety of contexts (from rural to urban).
NEW!: Check out the flyover video of our demonstration project with the City of New Britain! The study team partnered with the city to paint a 7,000 square foot mural on Jubilee Street to convert it to a public space. If you want to check it out in person, you can find it here. Just take CTfastrak to the East Main Street stop, walk east to East Street, then walk south to Jubilee Street. You can’t miss it.
NEW!: Presentations from the Fall Open Planning Studio have been posted. They can be found by clicking on the Meeting Documents link.
NEW!: The draft regional map is available for public input at: http://www.crcogsurvey.com/draftregionalmap
Join our mailing list!