Consultant – Trainer & Homeland Security Project Coordinator
Bill Perkins is the Capitol Region Emergency Planning Council’s (CREPC) Exercise, Training & Emergency Management/Homeland Security Projects Coordinator.
Bill is a contract consultant that works for CRCOG in the Public Safety Homeland Security Department. His duties include:
- Training & Exercise development, review and delivery
- NIMS Training Guidance and Compliance
- Coordination and management of regional accountability system (Salamander)
- Development or update to Capitol Region Homeland Security/Emergency Management plans
- Regional Coordination Center Concept of Operations
- Regional Emergency Management Duty Officer Hand book
- Multi-Jurisdictional Natural Hazards Mitigation Plan
- Regional Emergency Support Plan (RESP)
- Regional Tactical Interoperable Communications Plan
- Liaison to the State Emergency Operations Center during an activation
- UASI Program
Bill started working for CRCOG in 2009 as a NIMS/ICS trainer and has worked his way up to his present position.
(Bill) in 1975 after graduating from Rocky Hill High School Bill enlisted into the Connecticut Army National Guard where he rose through the ranks. In 1978, he graduated from the Army Officer Candidate School at the top of his class and became a commissioned officer in the Army Reserve.
In 1982 Bill began his professional career as a Firefighter/ Tactical Paramedic for the University of Connecticut School of Medicine and John Dempsey Hospital, Fire Department. Bill rose through the ranks, in 2003 Bill became Chief of the department and Assistant Director of Public Safety for the University. Bill retired in 2009 after 27 years of service. As a tactical medic, he was part of two SWAT teams where he supplied medical training, planning, and response to the teams. Bill also was a part time police officer for 11 years and started the first bicycle patrol for that community.
Bill also was a lead instructor for the Connecticut Fire Academy where he, was responsible for course instruction, curriculum and course development, hiring and evaluation of subordinate Instructors.
Bill is the CEO of WMP Consulting specializing in Homeland Security training, planning and exercise development. He currently is a Co-Commander for the Connecticut Type 3 Incident Management Team, and has been on two federal deployments to Texas and California to work with federal incident management teams fighting wildfires. As well as numerous local deployments.
Bill holds numerous certifications in Firefighting, Law Enforcement, Emergency Medical Services, Emergency Management, and Exercise Development and Execution. He is a subject matter expert in Incident Command and is certified as a National Planner trainer and Emergency Manager.
Bill is married to his wife Kathy and has two daughters. He is an avid golfer and bowler.