RFP Documents (Required)
RFP Supporting Documents
About the RFP
The Capitol Region Council of Governments (CRCOG) is inviting municipalities to submit proposals for Transportation Improvement Projects for funding under the Local Transportation Capital Improvement Program (LOTCIP). CRCOG is reserving $35.5 million from the following categories for this purpose: Reconstruction (roadway and bridge) projects, Bicycle/Pedestrian projects, Pavement Rehabilitation projects and Stand-Alone Sidewalk projects. Each municipality may submit materials for two (2) Project proposals in any combination, however CRCOG will limit the award to no more than $3 million per municipality.
This solicitation assumes the continuation of current LOTCIP funding levels. However, due to currently unresolved State Transportation Funding issues, this amount has not yet been budgeted. Therefore, at this time, selection under this solicitation does not guarantee funding.
Submissions must be received by April 22, 2020 at 2:00 pm.
Please see the 2020 LOTCIP Solicitation RFP for requirements. The projects must meet the following CTDOT LOTCIP eligibility requirements:
- LOTCIP projects must be located on a roadway classified as an urban collector or higher on the Departments Functional Classification database. (https://portal.ct.gov/DOT/PP_SysInfo/Functional-Classification-Maps)
- Exclusive (stand-alone) sidewalk projects and pedestrian improvements may be considered eligible along other roadway classifications.
- Bridge improvements may be eligible on other roadway classifications, as long as the Federal definition (20 feet or greater span length as defined in 23 CFR650.305) of a bridge is met.
To apply for LOTCIP funds, please complete the following forms for each project:
- LOTCIP Application
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Travel Needs Assessment Form
- Cost Estimate
- CRCOG Complete Streets Compliance Form
Return 2 hardcopies and 1 electronic copy on Wednesday, April 22, 2020 by 2:00 pm to:
Hardcopy: Mr. Rob Aloise
CRCOG Director of Transportation Planning
241 Main Street, 4th Floor
Hartford, CT 06106
Electronic Copy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff anticipates completing its review and ranking of the proposals in June, with CRCOG committee endorsements expected in September.