Through a competitive RFP process, CRCOG recently contracted with Daniel Penn Associates, LLC to provide Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEI + B) training and services to our member municipalities.
What is DEI+B?
DEI+B refers to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. Organizations that embrace diversity and have an equitable and inclusive culture outperform environments that are not diverse, equitable, or inclusive. The highest performing organizations, including municipal organizations, strive to include people of diverse ethnicities, abilities, backgrounds, and cultures. They embed true collaboration into their values, work practices, and behaviors. They ensure accountability for diversity, equity, inclusion (DEI), and belonging.
Why is it important to your town or organization?
When DEI+B becomes a priority, EVERY aspect of your organization benefits, diversity, equity, and inclusion creates a culture of belonging by investing in people and their core values, increasing cultural competencies, and creating sustainable change.
Under the Master Contract, basic DEI+B training and services will include:
- Training for municipal staff, senior leaders, and elected officials which addresses:
- Systemic Racism – what is it and how to recognize it
- Implicit/Unconscious Bias – how it shows up and how to recognize it
- How to Start to Undo Bias
- Micro-aggressions – how to recognize and how to respond when encountering
- Cultural Awareness & Inclusion
- Create a training toolkit and train staff on how to facilitate DEI+B dialogue
- Create an evaluation plan for individual towns to measure the efficacy of training and progress of the inclusiveness initiative
- Conduct community workshops focused on DEI+B open to the public
Interested municipalities should contact Kim Bona at CRCOG for pricing, additional information, or to execute a Side Letter to the MSA.