What Does CRCOG Do?
The Capitol Region Council of Governments (CRCOG) is a voluntary Council of Governments formed to initiate and implement regional programs of benefit to the towns and the region. It is guided by the chief elected officials of our 38 Metro Hartford municipalities. The mayors, first selectmen, and town council chairmen who make up our governing Policy Board recognize that the future of our individual members is tied to the future of our region. Our members have collaborated for more than 50 years on a wide range of projects to benefit our towns individually and the region as a whole. CRCOG serves the Capitol Region and all our municipalities by:
- Helping members improve governmental efficiency and save tax dollars through shared services and other direct service initiatives;
- Promoting efficient transportation systems, responsible land use and preservation of land and natural resources and effective economic development;
- Strengthening the Capitol City of Hartford as the core of a strong region, and as our economic, social and cultural center;
- Advocating for the region and its towns with the State and Federal governments;
- Strengthening our regional community by helping coordinate regional agencies and programs; and
- Assisting local governments and citizens in articulating, advocating and implementing the vision, needs and values of their regional community.