In addition to its standing and major committees, CRCOG has other committees that are either required by statute or have been formed out of necessity around important topics.
For past meeting documents, including agendas and minutes, visit our Resource Library.
Ad-hoc Committee on Crumbling Foundations
The goal of the committee is to provide towns and homeowners with assistance in needed areas: including potentially helping in determining qualified contractors in testing, engineering and remediation.
- January 25 @ 1:30 pm
- November 8, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- October 14, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- December 5, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- June 19, 2019 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Corridor Advisory Committee
The Corridor Advisory Committee was launched in 2013 to provide the chief elected officials and other interested parties of the municipalities along the CTrail Hartford Line and the CTfastrak bus rapid transit guideway with a forum to share information and tools for taking full advantage of these transit investments. CRCOG, Advance CT (formerly Connecticut Economic Resource Center, CERC), Connecticut Main Street Center, and the South Central Regional Council of Governments (SCRCOG) sponsored the creation of the Committee. Since 2015 and 2018, respectively, the CTfastrak corridor from New Britain to Hartford and the CTrail Hartford Line from New Haven to Springfield, MA have been in operation and highly successful.
Currently, the Corridor Advisory Committee aims to meet twice a year to continue to share information and strategies for successful transit-oriented development. CRCOG will alternate hosting responsibilities with the South Central Regional Council of Governments (SCRCOG).
The co-chairs of the Corridor Advisory Committee are Mayor Shari Cantor of West Hartford and First Selectman Michael Freda of North Haven.
- October 20 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
- February 24, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am
- April 6, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- April 4, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am
- March 13, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 11:00 am
Human Services Coordinating Council
CRCOG's Human Services Coordinating Council (HSCC) meets multiple times annually to encourage collaborations and foster candid discussion, development, and maintenance of health and human services programs and services for our members in CRCOG member communities in the region.
CRCOG's HSCC is comprised of representatives from the region’s municipalities, State agencies, social service groups, and non-profit human service organizations.
In 2013, the Connecticut General Assembly passed Public Act 13-247 passed legislation requiring Regional Councils of Governments to convene human services coordinating councils. This legislation stipulates the role of human services coordinating councils, including to:
- Ensure that regional plans and activities are coordinated with the human service needs of each region; and
- Develop approaches to improve service delivery and achieve cost savings in the region.
CRCOG's HSCC discussion topics vary and are driven from real-time health and human service matters and challenges impacting our member communities in the region.
If you are a human services provider and would like to be involved in CRCOG's Human Services Coordinating Council, council please contact:
Robyn Nichols - Principal Program Manager Municipal Services
- September 19 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- August 31 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
- June 27 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- November 9, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- October 21, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am