There are potentially 42 towns affected with the crumbling foundations issue. This page is an informational page on what CRCOG has gathered regarding crumbling foundations and what CRCOG is currently doing to help our towns in this situation.
On August 10th 2016, CRCOG’s Executive Committee voted to form an ad-hoc working committee for Crumbling Foundations. The goal of the committee is to provide towns and homeowners with assistance in needed areas: including potentially helping in determining qualified contractors in testing, engineering and remediation. In addition, the committee could also study the development of other forms of relief to homeowners.
Please go to foundationtesting.org for the Foundation Testing Reimbursement Program
CRCOG has a Qualified Vendors List for vendors related to crumbling foundations.
This is not a comprehensive list of all qualified contractors. The list is provided as a public service and CRCOG does not warrant or guarantee any work nor make any representations regarding the contractors on the list.
Towns Affected or Potentially Affected for Real Estate Transactions per General Statute 20-327b.
For a text list of the affected towns, please contact email@example.com.
- CFSIC Website
- Updated Guidelines from CFSIC 12/10/2018
- Travelers Benefit Program
- Governor Announces The Hartford and Liberty Mutual Supplemental Assistance Programs
- CFSIC Press Release – Board of Directors
- CFSIC Press Release Website
- Captive Selects Superintendent
- Board Letter and Affidavit
- E-mail from Rep. Currey Re:Update Crumbling Foundations (2018-2-9)
- U.S. Geological Survey Completes Nationwide Pyrrhotite Map (4/1/2020)
- IRS Webinar on Deductions for Crumbling Foundations (10/22/2018)
- Courtney, Larson Receive Tax Clarification from the IRS for Homeowners with Crumbling Foundations (10/16/2018)
- Connecticut Department of Housing Expands Eligibility for Crumbling Foundation Testing Reimbursement (3/9/2018)
- Current State Budget a Positive Start on Crumbling Foundations: Ad Hoc Working Committee (10/30/2017)
- Revised Press Release: Municipal Officials: Crumbling Foundations Needs to be Addressed Today (2/28/2017)
- Press Release: CRCOG Ad-hoc Working Committee Addresses Crumbling Concrete Foundations Issues (11/4/2016)
- Press Release: CRCOG Ad-hoc Working Committee Meets to Address Crumbling Concrete Foundations (10/7/2016)
- 2020-7-15 Update from Congressman Courtney
- Follow-up letter to Secretary Carson from Federal Delegation
- CRCOG to CTDOT Pyrrhotite;CTDOT Pyrrhotite letter to CRCOG
- IRS Pyrrhotite Presentation
- IRS Pyrrhotite 2018-14
- Update on IRS Extension of Casualty Loss Deduction
- Letter from IRS to Congressman Courtney regarding Casualty Loss Deduction
- Update on Federal Tax Bill and Crumbling Foundations
- CROCG Crumbling Foundations Information Packet Given to Planning and Development Committee’s Informational Session (February 2, 2017)
- CRCOG Presentation given at the CCACB meeting (January 28, 2017)
- Congressman Courtney’s Statement on the DCP Report
- DCP Report on Deteriorating Concrete in Residential Foundations (Appendices)
- Response Letter to Proposal by Senators Larson and Osten
- FEMA response to Governor Malloy 2016-11-9
- Final Report from the Attorney General on Crumbling Foundations Released November 2016-11-4
- Letter from Governor Malloy to FEMA 2016-10-19
- Letter from Congressman Joe Courtney
- Memo on State Process on CDBG Funds
- CRS Report regarding CDBG Funding
- Crumbling Foundation Presentation given in Manchester, CT (September 8, 2016)
- Crumbling Foundations Presentation (July 25, 2016 meeting)
- Letter from the Attorney General regarding Crumbling Foundations
- Letter from Coventry, Tolland, Mansfield and Willington to the governor regarding Crumbling Foundations (please note, other affected towns have also sent similar letters)