Municipal Wage and Hour Law with General Human Resources Q&A Session
Thursday, November 8, 2018
Rocky Hill Town Hall
761 Old Main Street
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m.
FREE to CCM member municipalities
As part of its statewide Human Resources Portal Demonstration Project, the Capitol Region Council of Governments (CRCOG) partnered with Pullman and Comley, LLC to create a compendium of model HR documents. Drawing on the firm’s extensive knowledge of employment and labor law, the Pullman and Comley team developed HR-related guidelines on key topic areas and offered to provide advanced training seminars on diverse employment law topics.
Join this interactive presentation with CCM and CRCOG as we:
· Delve into a comprehensive introduction to wage and hour law covering such topics as proper record keeping; overtime, comp time; meal periods, timing of pay; guidelines for classifying employees as Exempt versus Nonexempt; what needs to be negotiated and what does not; and rules for independent contractors.
· Facilitate an “Ask the Expert” session on general municipal human resources management issues. Attendees are encouraged to bring HR questions with them to the session to have them answered by our expert!
1. Online: Click here to register – Registration deadline: November 7th
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Phone: CCM Training, (203) 498-3037
Limited seating available – please register early. Refreshments not provided.
Cancellation Policy: This workshop may be cancelled or postponed due to insufficient enrollment, inclement weather, or other unforeseen circumstances. Registrants will be notified of any changes.
Connecticut Conference of Municipalities | (203) 498-3000 | www.ccm-ct.org