Request for Qualifications
CRCOG is seeking responses from qualified individuals and consultants who have experience in Town/City (Municipal) Management/Administration, Finance, Special Projects, and other municipal areas of expertise. The purpose of this RFQ is to provide a list of qualified individuals for CRCOG and CRPC member municipalities to utilize when seeking project-specific or interim professional services for their city or town.
The purpose of this solicitation is to identify candidates who can oversee a specific project (e.g., capital project, HR Policy update) or serve in an interim position within a designated area of expertise (e.g., Town Management/Administration, Finance, Human Resources, Special Projects, and related disciplines). The expectation is that the qualified individual/s will possess the necessary skill set and experience to manage the project or interim role efficiently and effectively.
Successful Respondents will be placed on a list of qualified professionals to serve municipalities across the Capitol Region and state of Connecticut (CRPC towns) when those communities are seeking project management or interim professional services.
Any contract entered into pursuant to this solicitation shall be between the professional consultant/individual and municipality. CRCOG shall not be a party to any contract, nor shall CRCOG be responsible in any way for contract performance including payment terms. Nothing herein, or in any contract resulting from this solicitation shall be construed as a guarantee by CRCOG of contract performance.
Individuals wishing to be considered for these project specific and interim positions (e.g., Town Manager, Finance Director, Capital Projects Manager, etc.) must submit their qualifications by emailing them to Kim Bona, and completing the questions via Microsoft Forms:
The link is: Professional Services RFQ Form
This link is also available on the CRCOG website under https://crcog.org/rfp-rfq/ .
The required information / documentation is as follows:
- Cover Letter (email to Kim Bona at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Resume (email to Kim Bona at email@example.com)
- Positions/Areas of Interest (Microsoft Forms)
- Requirements (Microsoft Forms)
- Please include three references. If you would like to add additional references, please do so in your Service Description.
- Hourly Requirements/Rate (Microsoft Forms)
- Insurance Requirements. If selected, responders shall furnish a certificate of insurance which includes the coverages and limits set forth below. Coverage is to be provided on a primary, non-contributory basis:
- General Liability Insurance, including Contractual Liability Insurance and Products/Completed Operations Insurance issued by an insurance company licensed to conduct business in the State of Connecticut with: limits not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence with an aggregate of $2,000,000 All, if any, deductibles are the sole responsibility of the contractor to pay and/or indemnify.
- Automobile Liability Insurance issued by an insurance company licensed to conduct business in the State of Connecticut with: limits not less than $1,000,000 for all damages because of bodily injury sustained by each person as a result of any occurrence and $1,000,000 aggregate per policy year; and limits of $500,000 for all damages because of property damage sustained as the result of any one occurrence or $1,000,000 Combined Single Limit (CSL). All, if any, deductibles are the sole responsibility of the contractor to pay and/or indemnify.
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance in accordance with Connecticut State Statutes.
- Professional Liability Insurance with a minimum $1,000,000 per occurrence and a $1,000,000 aggregate.
Any of the aforementioned policies written on a claims made form shall have an extended reporting period not less than two years from the end of the project.
Evaluation and Selection Process
Responses shall be evaluated by CRCOG after the response deadline. All information shall remain confidential until consultant selections are finalized. All responders deemed qualified and satisfying the evaluation criteria shall be included in a list of qualified vendors for residential property owners to utilize.
- The qualifications and experience of the individual;
- Successful performance of similar work experience (based on references);
- Overall costs/fees; and
- Overall approach to providing the services requested.
- An Evaluation Committee shall evaluate all responses received for completeness and the respondent’s ability to meet all requirements outlined in this RFQ.
- Additional technical information may be requested from any respondent by the Evaluation Committee prior, during, or after review for clarification p However, any additional information provided shall in no way revise original submitted responses.
- Based on results of the review of the Statements of Qualifications, interviews, and other requested supplemental information, the Evaluation Committee shall select qualified vendors to be included within CRCOG’s vendor list.
While multiple individuals are likely to be included as qualified providers of the professional services within this RFQ, there is no guarantee of receiving business from this RFQ. This is an attempt to help municipalities identify qualified professionals on a project-specific or interim basis.
The opportunity to submit qualifications ends on Monday, December 18, 2023, at 2pm.