- This event has passed.
Ad-hoc Working Committee on Crumbling Foundations
October 5, 2016 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
- Summary of Connecticut Coalition Against Crumbling Basements Ellington Meeting
- Current Status of towns involved. (Towns Affected 10-4-2016)
- Assessors Update on assessments of affected properties.
(Guidelines, Letter to OPM Undersecretary LeVasseur)
- Filing deadline recommendation
- Possible Resources that could be applied to the concrete foundations issues.
- HUD options. (Response Letter from HUD, Information Regarding HUD Statute, CRS Report regarding CDBG Funding)
- Contributions from insurance and banking industries
- IRS tax credit
- State income tax exemption
- Building permit fee waivers at state and local level
- Funding Pool to Remedy Concrete Foundations.
- Discuss general guidelines, sources of funds: staff to further fill in details at a later meeting
- Details on the Quebec grant program for crumbling foundations
(Quebec Program Outline, Quebec Program Forms with Google Translations Management Terms, Google Translation of Management Terms)
- Request for Qualifications Drafts
- Structural engineering services
- Concrete materials testing services
- Foundations remediation services
- Creation of an FAQ — Discussion
- For Homeowners
- For Homebuyers
- Legislative agenda for the 2017 session on concrete foundations.
- Future agenda items and next meeting.
- October 5, 2016
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Ad-hoc Committee and Crumbling Foundations